Saturday, March 21, 2009

Misspelling.

First, a quick discovery not related to spelling. if you search 'Existence is futile,' I'm the top result! Rock on! Wooha! And all the other exclamations of pride and joy you can think of.

I have become so reliant on spell check that I just throw words out there and figure they will get underlined if I mistype them. It's not always right though, as I have discovered my vocabulary exceeds its vocabulary. But it is a far better speller than I am.

There are a few problems, of course. Like words that it must repeatedly correct for me.

One word that I frequently misspell in various ways is 'excercise'. Sometimes the spell check doesn't even know what the hell I mean, I spell it so poorly. Also some words just look wrong when spelled correctly 'misspell' is an example, due to the double 's'. Also, 'propagate'. I guess because that's not the way I pronounce it. 'Received' always tricks me with that 'e' before 'i'.

I'm working on a project involving speech recognition, can you tell? Doesn't help that I keep wanting to spell it 'speach.'

What can I say, I really like peaches...

1 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

I used to be the top R2K

9:12 AM, April 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home