Thursday, February 23, 2006


Insanity
or
Spontaneity

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me."
--Hunter S. Thompson

How do you know if you're insane? Or by the very definition is it unlikely? If you think you're insane, does that mean you still have enough sanity left to recognize it?

No, no, no... I'm not going crazy, I've been there for years. However, I appreciate both the sanity that clings to me, and the insanity I cling to. If I find it easy to be normal, but choose to let the alternate aspects of my personality flourish, does that mean I'm flawed? I bet, with some decent amount of effort and the stifling of my own desires and urges, I could be a normal member of society, but if I dislike society in general, why would I want to do that? So today I decided to fill the topic with rhetorical questions. Maybe I'm feeling a little more exposed now that I have a reader...

Clarification: Someone read my entries, so I don't officially have a reader, when I do I will actually start my posts with some introductory comment instead of jumping right in. I mean, since I'm my only reader, I don't need to provide any introduction. My thoughts don't generally give me warning before leaping from topic to topic, so why should I warn myself in writing.

Hmmm, not sure if this post is interesting or just strange. When I meet someone interesting and strange, I find myself compelled by the middle ground, intrigue...

(Side note: boring)
I wonder if anyone else experiences typing impediments... It's like a speech impediment, only instead of having a lisp, (cruel that that word has an 's', in my opinion) I frequently type 'q' when I mean to type 'g'. Not sure why, I mean I type very quickly and accurately, but some part of me is wired to transpose the two letters. Another quirk of my typing is when trying to type the name 'Wayne', my fingers always want to type 'Waybe'... Go figure.
‹/end boring›

Oh! I fear that time has indeed 'run out.' So I must depart and attempt to catch up... I guess the topic of spontaneity was not breached, so it'll be my dirty little secret (maybe, if you're lucky...I'll return to the topic)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home