Monday, February 27, 2006


Marketable
or
Dissociable

Ok, so maybe I can be both... But the first one actually brings in $$$! Since I began this oh-so-illustrious(1) Blog, I have made $.98. Yes, you read that right, ninety-eight cents. Granted, that's not enough to buy half a bagel at my school. But if I was homeless that would feed me for two or three days (I like my Ramen fancy). The best part is I know for a fact that at least one of the profit-generating clicks was not clicked by me. Thanks, random stranger. Even though it's great to get money for doing something fun, I refuse to ask people to click the banner at the top. No one likes a beggar. I just wanted to share this fact, and ask you, benevolent readers (if you exist), should I put "My Own Link Clicker" on my resume? (Imagine there's an accent on the end of resume)

Side Note:
A little known definition of illusion-
A fine transparent cloth, used for dresses or trimmings.

Makes me want to wear fine transparent clothes so I can say, "I'm wearing illusions." Ok, enough of my rambling, I doth (third person singular of 'do') indeed have school this day.

(1) Not sure if I can footnote in a standard way, so I'll just do this. Illustrious is used sarcastically here, I have neither delusions nor illusions of grandeur.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet said...

As tempting as an extra 98 cents a month is, I'm not gonna put any ads up on MY blog. No sir. No way, no how.

I mean, come on. Do my gentle readers really need penis enlargement and 50% off tax preparation?

Well . . . I'm not going to answer that. I'll leave them the benefit of a doubt.

9:46 AM, February 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Larken, you, YOUR blog and your "gentle" readers can do as you please. But your inability to discern whether or not your readers may benefit from information posted in an advertisement on your site leads me to believe that you may not be as connected to your readers as you think you are. I also am a bit appalled by your "No way, No how" statement. Believe me when I say those are famous last words and someday you may find yourself eating them. Pass the Salt!

8:05 PM, March 18, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

Actually, this was written as a joke, and I do not think I put enough thought into it. Clicking your own links is against google adsense policy, and that .75 cents I made may have cost me a decent chunk of change that was brought in by users other than me. I was not intending to actually make money with my clicks, and was checking the advertisers out of simple curiosity. Oh well, my loss, my foolishness, my lesson. But if Larken did, some how, some way, post ads, I would be able to peek at hers without violating policy...

12:58 AM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

By the way, I honestly don't think Lark reads my Blog, she probably doesn't even read the blogs she actually even chooses to associate herself with. But I love you, Acquired Taste, for finding the time to read my aimless ramblings...

1:00 AM, March 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home