Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fugglebee

Ok, my heart is not entirely in this, but it is far overdue...



Born in a large hollow log, name since forgotten, we'll call him Fugglebee.

His parents, forgotten. His home, forgotten. I guess it's hard to write from the drooling thing's point of view, and there's a reason for that.

Fugglebee was born with a special gift. The gift of forgetting. We sometimes wish we could forget bad things that happen to us.

He can. He has. He does.

His parents were slaughtered by a sport-hunter. He forgot about their death. But he didn't forget where he lived at first. Then when he went back there were too many detached memories, so he decided to forget where he lived, too. And he did. So he wanders.

He has relationships, with what creatures, I am not inclined to write about, since I'm not even sure what he/it is myself. But they end poorly, so he forgets they happened. Through forgetting he is doomed to repeat the same mistakes, and he does. He's a sad little creature, but if you tell him that he'll forget. If you could forget, would you not take advantage of it? Would you live a life of blissful drooling ignorance? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

There is one thing he'll never forget. He hates the perverted chicken. He is one of many nemesi, and would give his pathetic life to end the chicken's. But he forgot how to get to Maplewood, so he wanders...

There, done and done. Send me your mascot and your story, it's bound to be more interesting and cheery than this one.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, what an odd little bear. I think of all the masscots up here, he is among my least favorite. Not of any fault of yours of course. I think for some reason he disturbs me. Maybe it's the drool, or the tendency to forget things... I am overcome with pity for his poor masscot existence... I think that's why it's oddly unsettling...

2:13 AM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

by the way, thank you for your kind words. this is something i need to resolve on my own if without the help of a therapist. like many others, i have esteem issues and insecurities. someday they are gonna eat me up alive. hopefully not.

*hugs*

3:33 AM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home