Thursday, March 09, 2006


Let's Make it Quick: Soporific Teaching

"A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep."

Remember in high-school, when you had teachers who cared if you slept in their class? I always wanted to be a teacher just so I could be creative with keeping the attention span of the students. Nerf guns are fun, I knew a physics teacher who used them on late students. Then there's the teacher who thinks slapping a ruler on the desk does the trick. Personally, I'd call on them in front of their classmates and ask a question pertaining to what I said within the last 30 seconds. Of course, that would require me to know their names, and I've always been bad at that... I could always keep a 'nap-time scoreboard' to keep track of who finds it unavoidable to doze off. I think I actually would care if a student dozed off. I used to doze off because the professor seemed to be merely reciting information, as if he was talking to an empty room, or himself in the mirror. It wasn't that I didn't care about the material, or that I honestly wanted to sleep, but it was so difficult to stave off for long. However, I'd like to think I could present any material in an interesting enough way to maintain the attention of those I was teaching. Usually quality drifts up in any employment system. It follows the money. I think that is why I have relatively unpleasant memories of being taught in high-school. So I may never end up teaching high-school or junior-high, even if I become a teacher. Of course, that's me making the assumption that I'm quality. Kind of a big leap for me.

I'll try to keep the posts to one today, since I do have stuff to do anyway, and you, my beloved reader, probably have things to do too....

2 Comments:

Blogger theresa said...

Hey, thanks for stopping in again!

I must admit, I occasionally fell asleep in class. Of course it was due to my teachers’ soporific teaching style not the fact that I was sleep deprived :)

BTW...today was a little better.

7:05 PM, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange review supplies the run information on nike shoes that only one or two personsknow of.|Brief guideline instructs you most of the ins and outs on nike shoes combined with something that you ought to do right away.}[url=http://www.nikejapan.asia/]シューズナイキ[/url] One particular double twirl on adidas shoes [url=http://www.adidasjapan.biz/]アディダス スニーカー[/url] The things that everyone else actually does for the nike shoes and furthermore the thing youhas to do completely different. News: gucci purse Will certainly Have A Leading role In Almost Any Organization [url=http://www.guccijp.asia/]財布 gucci[/url] Ideal solution for the chloe bags that one can educate yourself about as we speak. [url=http://www.chloejp.biz/]see by chloe[/url] chanel purse Counterfeits -- An Awesome chanel hack Regarding Fools 91% of the end users [url=http://www.chaneljp.biz/]chanel バッグ[/url] The ways to comprehend all that there is to find around chanel bags in Some easy steps.The genuine details of nike shoes the industry experts would not like one to know. [url=http://www.adidasjapan.asia/]adidas シューズ[/url] What all the others has been doing regarding adidas shoes and consequently those things youshould do different. [url=http://www.nikejp.biz/]nike スニーカー[/url] Whatever the gurus are generally not proclaiming on the subject off adidas shoes along with the way this have an effect on you.

2:28 AM, March 21, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home