Monday, March 06, 2006


Quick Note

I awoke to the buzzing. Amazing that a simple vibrating phone on a desk six feet from my head can wake me after only two hours... Maybe I was actually anticipating waking up to... the can of monster in my fridge. I apologize to my body as I begin consumption. If I can, I'll be sure to give it a nap later. I eat some breakfast, take a nice warm shower, and try on my new shirt... Too big. Oh well, now I'll look even skinnier...(The comment my housemate made still echoes softly in my mind...) I do my normal routine and leave the house. The cool air of the morning feels nice on my scalp and face. Refreshing. Good, I need refreshing. I walk to the counter at whispers and fill one of the clear plastic water-cups with my beverage. The amber color is more than just a little reminiscent of beer... Time is short, so this must be likewise.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to burst your bubble, but oversized clothes do not make one look skinnier.

..............an equal but opposite bird.

5:39 AM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

I do not want to be skinny. I want to have a physical form. Fading away is not a dream or an aspiration.

8:51 AM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strophanthus is it? Have you ever seen someone who is very thin attempt to hide that fact under several layers of clothing or oversized articles? (Although in todays society being underweight is a novelty, so I suppose the question isn't quite rhetorical.) Yes, they do look too thin, especially in the face.

12:22 AM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

acquired taste? What's the flavor? Sushi? Wine? Beer? Coffee? There's so many tastes to acquire, and so little time... Sometimes I think one of the easiest things I can acquire is someone else's taste in music...

12:46 PM, March 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is more of a personality thing I suppose. I am not the type of person people jump at the chance to meet... or am I... you may never know?!

12:17 AM, March 11, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

I'm the type of person people jump...out of the way to avoid meeting... At least once they find out my over-ripe-old-age... Not that *I* really think I'm old, but I have to prepare for strange reactions...

12:26 AM, March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home