Monday, March 27, 2006


Re-evaluation Time
or
Reclaim Misspent Focus

Ok, I've been bad. Bad to myself, and my life. I've been focusing far too much energy in directions where it wasn't wanted or necessary. I've become a scheduling event, a 'side-project' for some. I have gradually skewed my priorities until they are truly self destructive. As of today I must evaluate what is really important and devote most of my time and energy into what matters.

Important:
Sleep
Homework
Studying for Tests
Time Management
Water
Excersice
Proper Diet
Friends Who Seek Me

Not Important:
[bitter] My 'Love Life' [/bitter] (along with all that entails)
This Blog
Checking my email more than once a day
Answering my phone every time it rings (I mean honestly, who does that?)
Anything related to the internet but unrelated to school
People who would forget about me if I left them alone

Blog:
Now, I enjoy sharing, but I should not go here to avoid reality. I spend too much time here, and I think I've been using it to escape when I should have been actually attending to more pressing matters. That will stop. I will still post, and I still appreciate both of my wondrous readers, but I will try to avoid this as much as possible until I believe I am using it in a reasonable fashion. I think the darker side should take a hiatus, it doesn't seem as cathartic as I thought it once was, I can go back to ignoring certain aspects of myself, they've had their share of my focus recently.

Sleep, Diet, Exercise:
I've neglected sleep quite a few times in the last month, and supplemented that with ... unnerving amounts of caffeine (I still luv u monster). Well, that should stop. If I manage my time properly that will not be needed. And the few times I avoided sleep to spend time with someone (those were few and far between), I do not regret. Exercise is a good use of my time, I feel like my body wants to get back into the shape it used to be, and we've all heard about the various benefits of working out and staying in shape.

Friends:
Friendship is a two way street, but some of my friends live on such busy roads, they won't notice one less pedestrian. Ok, so maybe that metaphor is a little weak, but you know how much I love tormenting my native language. There are friends who actually do think about me, some new, some newer. I appreciate them and look forward to future correspondence. They make me feel worthwhile, and I hope they know how appreciated they are. Some new friends I have made a poor impression on, and we are destined to remain acquaintances. Oh well, such is life.

Internet:
I have been using it all too frequently to waste time that I should be using more efficiently. I will do my best to avoid checking on every aspect of my online world at every opportunity. And some aspects I am going to cut out of my routine. (Not Strongbad, of course!) Bad habits are bad habits, no matter how compulsive the desire may be. (This includes compulsive email/facebook checking. Cell Phone will be the best way to reach me. If you got here through facebook, and are reading this, you have permission to call if you have something to say...)

Also:
I should attempt to be less vain, yet more self confident. Not sure how, but I think I've been able to simultaneously lack self confidence, yet feel a good portion of vanity. Strange... (As for 'love life' yeah, it's definitely defunct, defective, and deleterious, but I'm almost positive not a single person wants to hear about any aspect of this topic, so I'll move on....)

Why do I post this? I feel like if I tell people, they may notice if I sway from my course of action and possibly prod me back in the right direction. That and some people may actually wonder about my change of behavior. This is a place, should they happen to check, where they can see somewhat of an explanation.

I didn't mean for this to seem so Jerry Maguire-esque, honest. It's not some sort of epiphany, it's more like a frustrating finale. I need to grow up, really...

[Listening to: The Beautiful South-- Don't Marry Her (interesting, to say the least)]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly understand your need to right your direction at this point. Some of those rather bothersome yet compulsive behaviors I also see in myself. So, although I love your blog, I will only read it when I have the time. School is much more important. At times when you find yourself dodging the things you should be doing, do you not almost get physically ill? I do. That is why I try my hardest to just do it and get it over with before I literally make myself sick.

1:10 AM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

Does your real name start with an 'A'?

4:01 PM, March 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been called some fun names that start with an A.
Aromatic
Anxious
Absurd
Adversary
Aggravating
Ambiguous
Antagonist
Others...
As for real name... as I've said before, that is something you may never know.

2:45 PM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home