Wednesday, March 01, 2006


Intolerably Cruel
or
Heartfelt Fool

[I'm going to channel some thoughts, call it creative writing...]

Deep inside I know it's wrong,
but I whisper as if by song.
I ask you to hate,
to reverse your thought,
but your face turns red,
your ears burn hot.
Every word is yours to feel,
I make sure that the stings are real.
I tell you that you're not to blame,
for it's the truth,
and my shame.
My words caress,
more bitter than sweet,
they flow as if from music sheet.
The feelings I felt,
far too strong,
they saved us both,
by not lasting long.
As we depart you say goodnight,
but it's the end,
I say goodbye...

Ok, I'm incapable of mixing rhymes in with writing, and since rhymes are more challenging I chose to use them... But this one was for me anyway, so I'll recognize no complaints this time.

To cause someone to suffer with sweetness, invoking memories, increasing the span of their duration, and the awareness of them... To make the victim more painfully sensitive to the extinguished possibilities... Seems to me more nefarious than severing the ties with cruelty. I can't help but believe it takes someone with a malicious heart and grim talents to twist a knife formed of cloying comments... And to feel somehow...innocent during the ordeal, to convince themselves that they are actually providing some form of service to the process of seperation? I think I will refrain from posting tomorrow, I loathe someone right now...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger kati said...

oh, gosh
the rhyme
this is exactly how i feel right now:S

7:53 AM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home