Wednesday, March 01, 2006


Thoughtless

"It's easy to fall asleep, just black out your mind."
Oh, if only that were a gift I possessed, I would make use of it frequently.

I left the KWUR meeting and felt dissatisfied. Not sure why. I contemplated this as I headed to the village to spend a few points. I considered going to my room, but decided against it, I'll be there often enough, Eric returns tomorrow. Goodbye available transportation. Goodbye apartment of my own. I hit the can downstairs, I appreciate the privacy. For how required an act these processes are, we sure aren't comfortable sharing them with others. At least I know I'm not. As a matter of fact, this makes me a little uncomfortable right now... I figure I'll multi-task, since I'd rather do something than just let my mind wander. I fire off a text message, out of idle curiosity. Time passes. I leave. I head back upstairs and go to the village store, decide upon a monster and a pack of sugarfree gum. Fresh breath, clean teeth and a little energy cocktail. Tempted to just chug the whole thing and see if I can skip a nights sleep... bad idea, I know, but still fun to contemplate. Instead this will be the energy portion of my breakfast. I sigh to myself as I depart. The dissatisfaction won't go away. I feel alone again, and it nags at me. It gnaws at me. It doesn't hurt, just annoys... Well, time to go 'enjoy' my last night of relative freedom. That and I'm sure the dog has made a mess that needs to be cleaned up, and the cat is probably dying for some attention. They won't fill this small void, but if I'm lucky my short attention span will assist me in pushing it from my thoughts...
Where's a sparkling trinket when you need one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home