Tuesday, February 28, 2006


Once More With Feeling
or
Not

Alright, so the previous post was rather uninteresting, superficial and lacked the ability to provoke sufficient thought (I mean, spiders? Come on...)

[This is all in general terms for a reason, don't add specificity to it.]
[If you think this refers to you, think again, it's talking about an 'object' after all.]

Why is it we desire what others have? Even those with the ability to desire primarily only that which is important to them still end up losing some virtue from time to time. And then, when the desire is achieved, there can be an intense burst of satisfaction. But rather than it being a long term sensation, like a candle's flame, it's extremely brief, like a cannon (alright, alright, a firecracker...). So, they control themselves...tell themselves it won't happen again... but they know they lie.

Then there are times when even the achievement of the goal is insufficient. They want more, another goal is set, they strive and achieve, they set a new goal, and the cycle continues. Eventually the finish line is out of reach and they falter, surrender seems like the only option, and so they give in to defeat...

For instance, I've had something before, and even when I had it, I wanted more. Then someone else had the same object, and I realized maybe it wasn't so special. When it was mine, it made me feel unique in some way, for some strange reason. Once that spark was gone, the object lost its luster, it's attraction. The filter I was viewing it through faded away in a nebulous puff of mist... It wasn't special, and neither was I.

Then I discover that someone else, a third party, holds the object in obsessive opinion. Well, if it's good enough for him, maybe it is good enough for me? My thoughts attempt to retrace themselves, did I make a mistake? Did I replace one lense for another? Am I thinking lucidly at all? Should I reconsider?

No, I'm probably just neurotic, thanks for pointing that out...

[Perhaps the above isn't general enough, but I guess as the writer I know a bit more than the reader.]

I may have broken the habit of lying to others, but I can't tell myself the truth if my mind doesn't reveal it to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

*nudge nudge* go look at my photos of the moment :>

can i call you gi then ? im not exactly a lesbian. im bi. *bats eyelashes*

4:43 PM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

um... im not sure where you broke my name up either. i wish blogger would at least inform us which comments go to what posts.

its 5am. knowing how weird my sleepin patterns are, youll hear from me in the next 3 to 6 hours.

5:05 PM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

omg i found it. i sat here for half an hour lookin thru each and every post of mine.

http://lastlifeinmyuniverse.blogspot.com/2006/06/hiatus.html

hellooooooooooo nurse !

8:18 PM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

sigh. yea i always say shit happens. and they show up in our drawings. our writings. our blogs.


"...not all rainbows and gumdrops"

im craving for skittles now. bah.

8:29 PM, July 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home