Sunday, April 09, 2006


So Much to Say

...luckily I've found a willing ear. I make every attempt to keep this site light and upbeat. Something that I would like to share has happened recently, but it is deeply umbral, so I will pass on sharing that. Onto more positive notes...

Lodging
I'm still very much looking forward to my housing arrangements next semester. The more I hang out with the Carpe Diem Society, the more I see how much fun and entertainment is in store for the future. And I'll have a single. A nicely sized one.

Summer
Things are bright outside. The sun shines as if attempting to cheer me up. It might be working, gradually. As well as someone I hang out with that has a sunny disposition. I might be able to stay on campus as well as take a class at my other school (Forest Park). Will be busy, but most of my friends are leaving anyway.

Picnic
Oh, and I went to Forest Park for a picnic with some friends, good food, nice scenery, overall a very pleasant experience. I was able to forget so many frustrations and enjoy just being there.

This would be more interesting if I vented, but I think I should hold off for a bit, until I stabalize. [Can't forget this...Hope you like my quote!]
So, this quote may be a bit dour, but consider it a hint:
"I'm not seeking the suffering you're offering, so peddle your disaster elsewhere..."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading your livejournal finally! Yayyyyyyyy. I liked that quote, by the way. :) -nichelle

4:04 PM, April 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm suffering, how delectable.
You have me salivating for the umbral news.

Though this post was filled with joy and with levity, if you were trying this whole time to be cheerful then you failed miserably. Ha ha! Not that one or the other is better; sadness can be just as invigorating and wonderful as joy if you are in the right mindset.

1:29 AM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

If you find suffering delectable, look around and feast.

This page is intended to be at least a little pleasant. I do appreciate having readers, and in an attempt to avoid alienating almost everyone but the most cynical, I put the more ranting and depressive posts elsewhere and do not recommend them for reading.

Unless you think you're the target of them, in which case, I don't mind if you share my suffering.

Oh, and I think my quote kind of erased a good portion of the pleasantness I may have generated..

9:02 AM, April 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree with strophanthus on this one. Although you may have attempted to be upbeat and pleasent it did not come off that way. Maybe you should just be how you feel. Stop trying to please everyone else. This is your outlet remember? I ain't goin anywhere.

3:15 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

I'm not attempting to please everyone else. I'm just making an effort to not be so consistently pessimistic. Besides, if you want to read the darker stuff, it's not hard to find. I also don't really think it's worth reading, either.

3:22 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Instantiable said...

And I agree, I did not do a good job of keeping the post positive. I was feeling really low that day. I'll keep practicing.

3:23 PM, April 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It shouldn't take practice. You should only post when, if, and how you feel. It's ok to be selfish at this point. Everyone has highs and lows... that's what makes us who we are. To fake it or "practice" as you say is denying yourself the basic truth of your being. Wow, that was not meant to be as deep as it sounded. Point being: be yourself. That's what I read for. Not so you can make my day better with fake "happiness".

12:20 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home